While condominiums in Singapore may be smaller than HDB apartments, they have exclusive communal facilities or services such as tennis courts, swimming pool, 24-hour security and many others.
In need of inspiration for your condo interior design? Look at how we have transformed these condo units into personalised living spaces.
Most Singapore condominium interior design are compact living spaces with modern kitchen and bathroom fixtures like in-built washing machine and dryer.
Although condos have compact living spaces, it is not necessarily easier to design. In fact, no design is easy. It takes proper space and design planning to turn your home into a masterpiece.
Due to a condo’s limited living space, one may face restrictions and limitations coming up with a design idea as compared to a landed property or jumbo flat. Therefore, it may be harder to create a design to meet your specific needs and wants.
On the other hand, it could be a blessing in disguise if you play it smart.
With the absence of a backyard or second-floor hallway with rooms like your landed property, furnishing a condo can have lower costs.
While condominiums may not have backyards, they have a nice balcony which you can make full use of. In fact, there are many ways to make your condo look more elegant at an affordable price.
Maximising the space in your condominium is not about squeezing everything at one part of the living room. In fact, there are various ways that you can use to make your home look and feel bigger.
Here are some of them:
1. Paint the ceiling.
2. Pull furniture away from the walls
3. Use light colours on the walls and floor
4. Have furniture that comes with storage space
5. Use stripes to elongate the space
6. Use a clear shower curtain for a small bathroom
Therefore, it is possible for one to enjoy a luxurious home if they know what they are doing.
It is easy for anyone to come up with a wild design for their home if they keep it within their living boundary. The hardest part is in executing the design as it takes a lot of time, effort and dedication. For people who are new to interior design, it can be an overwhelming task.
This is when the help of a professional interior design with years of experience in doing condo designs would come in handy. Since you will be staying in your home for a few years or even a few decades, you will want to select a reputable designer or firm to assist you in creating your dream living space.
If you prefer to do it on your own…
Keep these things in mind before starting any condo projects:
1. Consult your condo management office before doing any kind of renovation since the management may have a different set of guidelines that you need to follow.
2. Visit BCA or go to their website if you are not sure about what permits, or approvals are needed for your renovation project.
3. Renovation costs for new condos will generally be lower since most of them are furnished with builtin washers and dryers, some of them have ready-made floorings as well.
4. Be prepared to spend more for resale condos since additional works to conceal the cables, change the fixtures or flooring may be necessary.